Problems can often be equipment-related. Check out our top tips before going further.
- Aerial systems
For the best reception your installation must work well
- Satellite systems
A faulty dish or downlead can cause loss of reception
- Plugs, sockets & cables
Damaged or loose connections can spoil your reception
- Reception on portables
Correct positioning is essential and can be tricky
- Changes in your vicinity
Tree growth, new buildings, etc can all affect reception
- Amplifiers (boosters)
Damaged boosters can affect your reception and cause interference
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can weather affect DAB reception?
- What is a Freeview multiplex?
- Are some TVs and Freeview boxes more susceptible to interference than others?
- How do I tell if I have Analogue or Digital radio?
- Could the quality of my installation have any effect on interference?
- Hissing / mono / fading on FM radio
- Large structure effects on Freeview TV
- I am receiving the Wrong Regional News?
- Distortion on FM radio
Enter postcode and platform below to check for faults with your local transmitter (Format: AB12 2AA)
For our policy on how we propose to use this information, please click here.
Get started with diagnosing your problem with our self-help tool.